Teeth Whitening – Lenox Hill, NY
Brighten Your Smile with Zoom!
Over time, your teeth can start to appear yellow or dull from exposure to pigmented food and drinks. But the good news is that you can do something about it! You could try over-the-counter whitening solutions, but they don’t deliver the dramatic results that they promise. When you whiten with us, you get access to the powerful, effective Zoom! whitening gel that can brighten your smile by up to eight shades! To meet your individual needs, we offer two whitening methods: in-office treatment and take-home kits. Both give you the results you’re looking for, so you can choose the one that best fits you and your lifestyle.
Benefits of Professional Whitening
There are many advantages to choosing us for teeth whitening, including the following:
- You can look younger with a whiter smile.
- Whitening treatment, either at home or in the office, is fast and comfortable.
- Zoom! has been proven to whiten teeth effectively and is a trusted brand in whitening.
- The gel is safe, using high concentrations of hydrogen or carbamide peroxide.
- Whitening treatment with us means that you’ll get a personalized treatment plan.
If you want whiter teeth fast, in-office treatment could be the right choice for you. You can just sit back and relax while we take care of your whitening for you! In just one appointment, you could have a noticeably whiter smile that’s ready to show off to the world.
The in-office treatment process goes something like this:
- Tetelman documents the original shade of your teeth, so you can compare it to the final results.
- Your teeth are then cleaned to ensure that your teeth do not have plaque or debris on them.
- Then he places a retractor to keep your cheeks, lips and tongue away from the solution. He may also use gauze to dry off your teeth and a barrier to protect your gums.
- Your teeth are then coated with the whitening gel on the front surfaces of your teeth.
- A curing light shines on your teeth for 30 to 60 minutes, at which point the solution may be reapplied.
- After time has passed, your teeth are rinsed, and a fluoride treatment is applied to your teeth to help with any sensitivity.
If you don’t want to spend extra time in a dentist’s office, you can whiten your smile in the comfort of your own home with our take-home kits. They are easy to do, and over the period of two weeks deliver the same results as our in-office treatment.
Take-home kits follow this general process:
- Tetelman takes impressions of your teeth, which are made into custom trays to fit only you. He also documents your teeth’s original shade.
- When the trays are ready, you are shown how to apply the gel to the trays.
- At home at night, brush and floss your teeth to make sure they are clean.
- Apply the whitening solution as you’ve been instructed.
- Wear the whitening trays for about 60 minutes while you relax, read a book, or catch up on your favorite show.
- Avoid eating, drinking, or smoking for 30 minutes following treatment.
- Repeat the process every day for two weeks for the full results.
Our team is dedicated to making our patients smile. We look forward to helping you turn back the clock on your teeth and restore your smile’s beautiful brightness. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Tetelman!